Health With Balance •
A Healthy Living Consult
I can show you the importance of balance. Without it you will find all of your efforts will take you in a endless cycle. If you want a healthier you …it is possible! Adding small changes one at a time, you can achieve sustainable balance and health. This is my passion and as a Wellness Consultant I have the pleasure of doing this everyday.
Your body works as a perfect machine. Would your car run without fuel or with no air in the tires? Think of your body and its health as a whole. Each section on this wellness wheel will affect the other sections.
One basic example is sleep … You might not be able to sleep because of one or more of these reasons. It could be environmental? Something as simple as your bed, or a more difficult problem to solve, possibly noisy neighbors? You could be depressed? You might need more time with others, to be more social? Maybe your job is very demanding and you have been working late? People that become emotionally overwhelmed as a result of a taxing relationship or caregivers with no time off, often find them selves exhausted and yet unable to sleep. No mater the reason, sleep the quantity and quality affects countless systems in the body. Not only does your body require rest to repair itself. Your brain stores important details and memories while you sleep. Also if it notices a pattern, a continuous string of inadequate amounts of sleep. Your unconscious mind will make decisions to insure your wellbeing. As far as your brain is concerned there is no good reason to go without sleep … Something must be wrong! Things must be set in motion to assure your survival. This often comes up when discussing weight loss. Without adequate sleep your unconscious mind determines that you will be active for long periods of time. It then begins to start actions in motion. Many of which you will never realize; one you may notice results in a slower metabolism. Your amazing brain sends out instructions to begin creating chemicals that will slow your metabolism. By slowing down your metabolism you will burn the calories you take in and your stored fat at a slower rate. Allowing you to space out how quickly your body uses its fuel, insuring you will not run out of energy or waist away. Truthfully, in extreme conditions a slow metabolism could save your life.
Now that I understand how my body works I am thankful that my brain has prime directives, all of which have my wellbeing at the top of the list.
•With education comes the power to create change•
Here are the seven components to a healthy you!
•Your world , Your community, Your home
•Accumulating knowledge, Growing as an individual
• Becoming an active part in your community. Enjoying time with family and friends. Developing a feeling of purpose and a deep connection with others.
• Taking care of your body after all it’s the only one you will get! Enjoying exercise, not just the workout at the gym but all forms. Keeping you body in motion. Understanding the true meaning of a health diet. Giving your body the fuel it requires. Not only learning the benefit to Clean Eating but living it! Letting your body recover and rest. Sometimes we must sit down and rest; sometimes we need Sleep! Adequate amounts of sleep!!! Your body is extremely busy while you are sound sleep. After learning and understanding the important tasks your body must do while you sleep, you may change the way you view sleep all together.
• Everyone must have a purpose. We are wired keep going because we are needed. The most common aspect of spiritual wellbeing is the peace of mind that you are part of a larger picture. It makes no difference if your picture is different than your neighbors. The universe is full of countless unexplainable and incredible phenomenons. Occasionally, science can help us make sense of these phenomenons; then there are others that are beyond explanation. Spiritual wellbeing can give us a feeling of peace when, scientific logic fails us. Our mind needs this desperately as we are faced with obstacles that may make living seem impossible. We need this peace of mind.
• If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life! Think about the amount of time you spend at work. The percentage of your life you will devote to this area. How could that not effect who you are, your life and your health?
• Your happiness is pivotal to your wellbeing. Mental health is not a joke! Your unconscious mind is making changes and decisions within your body constantly. You cannot mask your emotional well-being when it comes to your unconscious mind. Your unconscious mind loves you and wants you to live a happy fulfilling life. If you are not emotionally well your brain is capable of making you very uncomfortable until changes are made. A few examples would be headaches, sleeplessness, lack of appetite or an over active appetite just to name a few. So make changes if needed. Learn to be more present. Wherever you are be all there. Use mindfulness to enjoy your purpose; allow yourself to feel connected and not overwhelmed. Finally your emotional wellbeing will directly affect your self esteem. Even if you mask your headaches with pain medications and take sleep aids at night. The way you feel about yourself and others will manifest its self in many ways. The affects will change how you interact within every area of your life. All of your circles including your friends, family, and coworkers.