What does balancing your life mean? What would a balanced life look like? Can it be achieved with our crazy lives and schedules?
You can change what isn’t working and gain control of your life. You can easily maintain these changes and enjoy the the peace that comes with balance.
There is no great secret but one simple rule ….do not try to change everything at once! Sustainable change happens when you make small adjustments over time. That means different things to each of us, you must determine what works for you.
As you make new positive life habits, you will see your life changing and after enjoying a balanced life, you will never look back!
Try implementing only one of these habits at a time, only one a month! First, as you add them slowly you will concentrate and see the many ways each tip affects your life. Second, and most importantly this will create habits. Habits that will easily contribute your sustainable health!
Sustainable Healthy Habits …
* Turn off the electronics – Disconnect on the weekend. I hear the excuses already, but try it, at least for one day or even a few hours each night. Put the phone down and turn off the computer. Give your work brain a rest. You do not need to be reachable at all times. Your time is valuable! Disconnect and live in the moment, learn to be mindful. Practice Mindfulness and enjoy the benefits! Bonus: Spend the extra time actually interacting with your family and friends!
* Learn to say no – It’s a given that if your life is overflowing you will never be able to achieve balance and manage it all. It’s just not possible. Say no to everything that is either not essential or doesn’t add something valuable to your life. Then add things back until you feel overwhelmed again. You will learn your limits and find your happy place.
* Your Health Is Important – We hear this over and over again, but usually only give it a second thought. We know what we need to do, but it isn’t a priority until we have a health crisis. Our health really does affect the quality of our lives and our work. We are far more productive and happier when we get sufficient amounts of quality sleep, eat a healthier cleaner diet and fit in some type of physical activity regularly.
* Avoid Toxins– chemicals that Wreak havoc on our body… Making us sick or at a minimum decrease our bodies ability to function at peck performance. Chemical toxins are only half of it …. By that I mean you must also Minimize the negative influences around you. AVOID TOXIC PEOPLE (complainers, whiners, poor attitudes.) If you can’t completely avoid them, at least minimize contact and tune them out as much as you can. Surround yourself with positive, supportive, can-do people whenever possible!
* Everyone Needs Alone Time – Making time for you is probably the most difficult thing to do for the typical person today. We are overworked and on most days overwhelmed! Alone time is crucial for lowering stress, increasing happiness and encouraging creativity. Some things to try; meditate, write, sketch, do some yoga or simply sit quietly for a few minutes each day and do absolutely nothing. You can do it! And You Will Love It!
* Quality Time With The People In Your Life – Set aside quality time with your family and friends. Don’t just sit in front of the television, really connect and pay attention to those you care about!!! Make a date with your significant other, talk, kiss, laugh. Enjoy coffee with a friend, play a game with a child, take time to ask a coworker how they are and then take the time to listen to their answer. Enjoy really getting to know the people around you.
* Make Time For Yourself – Get a pedicure or a facial. Better yet, schedule a massage! It doesn’t need to cost you a fortune; a glass of wine, your favorite coffee or tea, meditate or enjoy some beautiful flowers. You are important and your own smile will make a huge impact.
* Get Out And Explore – Take a walk and pay attention to what’s going on around you. Take a new route, visit a new town or try being a tourist! Attend a local performance, play amateur photographer or go to the park. Hang out with children you know, watch how they play. Children really know how to enjoy life!
* Learn Something New – Take a class, learn to paint or try something new that you’ve always wanted to learn. Read a book that sparks your interest or try listening to uplifting music. Find what interests you.
* Live A Life That Makes You Smile – Laugh, joke, play, find your sense of humor, tell a friend a joke daily. Make time with those that make you laugh. Nothing makes you feel better as fast as laughing so hard your side hurts!
Have a wonderful Monday, beginning your fantastic week.
Your Wellness Guru~ Stacy