The plank is one of the most incredible exercises you can do for your core because it builds isometric strength to help sculpt your waistline and improve your posture. And depending on the type of plank you try, you can also engage your back, arms, shoulders, glutes, and hamstrings. Hold your plank in good form for 20 seconds to two minutes and you WILL see results!
Plank helps you to build strength in your core, upper and lower body so its a good full body work out. You do not need any equipment to perform this exercise all you need is a bit of space, and it really helps improve flexibility by stretching muscles and will improve posture if performed regularly.
The MUSCLE GROUPS you are WORKING while planking might surprise you. The plank works almost every main muscle and here are a few: deltoids, biceps, triceps, obliques, rectus abdominis, latissimus dorsi, pectorals major, gluteus maximus, quadriceps, hamstrings, gastrocnemius. How about that for a two minute workout…
So many planks, so little time. VARIATE your PLANK
Elbows bent or straight (carful not to lock your elbows) If the plank is to much for your elbows you can perform it with extended arms, always leave a small hollow in your hands to protect the wrists.
HOW TO DO A basic PLANK
- 1. FIRST prepare your self mentally, decided to hold your form strong and correctly. Concentrating on the correct form over the time you hold the form. 30 seconds of proper form is better than 5 minutes of anything else. ( results & no injuries! )
- 2. Start by getting into a press up position (push-up position).
- 3. Bend your elbows and rest your weight ono your forearms and not on your hands.
- 4. Your body should form a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
- 5. Engage your core by pulling your belly button into your spine.
- 6. Hold this position for the prescribed time. * if you don’t know where to start … Hold a proper plank for 30 seconds adding an additional 10 seconds each week (if you can’t hold it for 30 start where ever you feel comfortable, continuing to add 10 seconds each week).
Have Fun Planking… Fitness at its finest 💛
Xxx~ Stacy (your wellness guru)